Hello! I'm ChiaYu, a happy hybrid who does UX/product design, user research and sometimes coding. I’m also an HCI enthusiast & love to prototype in tangible and digital ways.
My passion lies in understanding human and constructing experience between human-technologies to make tech stuffs intuitive.
I'm proficient in UX design/Building prototype with mainstream prototyping tools & Qualitative user research. I've also equipped knowledge in software engineering (especially front-end dev) and business, which enables me to work well in multifunction team!
Please refer to my portfolio for the UX design and research projects in detail:
Interaction Designer & User Researcher
- Designed & Implemented a tech probe iteratively using Arduino, Processing, tablet, and sensing electronics with remote team.
- Transcribed the field studies and conducted qualitative data analysis to investigate how interactive technology & data play helps family mealtime for preschoolers and parents.
* Research led to a TAICHI 2018 paper.
Check my project "Stamp Plate" at https://icily.github.io/#portfolio
- Deployed a 4-week study applying the experience sampling method (ESM) with surveys on the mobile app.
- Recruited 50+ participants, conducted post-study interviews and qualitative data analysis to study the impact of relationship characteristics on receptivity to mobile IM messages.
* Research led to a CHI 2019 Paper.
- Created hi-fidelity interactive hardware & software prototypes to ideate the design.
- Designed experiments, conduct user research and usability evaluation, and analyzed the quantitative and qualitative results.
* Project led to a CHI 2016 paper and won the of Student Game Competiton.
Check my project "PinchFun" at https://icily.github.io/pinchfun
Check my project "Motion Guidance Sleeve" at https://icily.github.io/#portfolio
* Worked closely with clients in music streaming and manufacturing industries (e.g., Taiwan Mobile, MOXA Inc.) on projects of exploratory user/market research, UX/UI redesign, and usability testing.
* Assisted the UX Research Lead in the planning of user research, executing research, and preparing the report, on three client projects:
- Conducted guerrilla interviews, user interviews, and usability testing.
- Created lo-fi prototypes with sketched wireframes and paperboards to ideate the design concepts.
- Planned and facilitated co-creation workshops with clients to define the product feature and build action plans by leading discussion integrating user needs, business resources and market trend with client’s engineering, marketing, and design teams.
- Analyzed the research data, compiled the results into actionable insights and presented the research report and provided recommendations to the clients to support evidence-based decisions.
- Conducted market research and competitor product feature analysis to identify the strength and weakness of products.
Developed a back-end website for IT, using C# ASP.NET MVC. Wrote automated testing scripts for pressure testing.
- Specialized in Human-Computer Interaction
- Research Assistant in Innovative User Interface Lab, with Prof. Neng-Hao Yu; crafted technologies from now to the future.
- Guitar Club
- English Taught Program (ETP)
- Commerce lecture & Business English - Marketing Program
Double Major: Digital Arts, Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction